If you missed my previous article Facebook Pay Per Click versus Google Pay Per Click you should read that first.
Pros – Google PPC:
- More direct to sale
- Get response on potential sales immediately
Cons – Google PPC
- Usually more expensive
- Short-term unless you keep spending
- Someone has to be looking to buy right now or they are of no use to you
- Capturing leads is harder
- You reach 1 person
Pros – Facebook PPC:
- Less expensive
- Massive Reach
- Specialized targeting
- Better long-term
- Learn more about your customer base
Cons – Facebook PPC:
- May take longer for the first sale
- Not many people(including marketing agencies) know how to do it yet so you are limited in your choices
My customers ask which do I prefer to manage for them- Facebook or Google PPC?
Answer – It varies based on your market. If you want to know my personal favorite…the one that leads to the most sales for you.
A big advantage of Facebook PPC over Google is when you are sending your viewers to a Facebook Fan Page. If that Facebook visitor that you just paid for does not buy right now, they may still “like” your page. The relationship begins and one of their 140 friends may see your page and they are ready to buy.
It is not over yet…
Then one of their friends sees that they “like” you and then another friend may take a look at your offer or page and so on and so on.
This can create a viral affect if you have something great to offer or something entertaining.