Video marketing may be the most powerful form of marketing for small business yet so many business owners don’t do it…why?
Here are the top 4 challenges I often hear.
- It’s expensive.
- How? It’s difficult.
- It’s time consuming.
- Where do I put the videos?
- I don’t want to speak in front of the camera.
Answers to these challenges:
- Compared to other forms of marketing, it is not expensive. You don’t need a $3,000 camera for most small business marketing. Get a KodakZi8 and do it yourself. Upload your videos to Youtube and get additional exposure for free. If you need videos hosted on your own website without a Youtube brand on them there are two very inexpensive options.
- Cameras like the Kodak are point and click. Upload it to the computer and then to the video site. Then all you have to do is embed it on your website. The editing takes some skill and if you want maximum exposure you need to know how to optimize videos. Or you can hire someone that knows how to properly edit the videos and optimize and upload them…like Creative Profit Pros.
- Yes it is time consuming…but it’s worth it if you do it right. If you don’t have a split second, hire someone. You can hire someone to get you started then do it as you go so you are not pressed for time and you are not breaking the bank.
- Upload your videos to Youtube. Use a site like Screencast.com to make them private or without branding images on them. Then put them on your website. Your webdesigner will know how to do this…or get rid of them. Add your videos to Facebook and Yahoo as well.
- Have someone stand behind the camera and just talk to them…forget the camera. Have someone interview you that does speak well on camera. Use a picture slide show if you still can’t get past it.